Job Vacancy – Archery Development Officer – Southern Counties
Posted: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 08:42
Archery GB and the Southern Counties Archery Society has an exciting opportunity for an Archery Development Officer to join our successful National Governing Body.
Job Title: Archery Development Officer – 35 hours/week
Salary Range: £20,000 – £24,000
Location: Home based, within the Southern Counties region.
The post holder will support the increased retention of archers and reduction of churn through the provision of a quality experience across clubs, coaching and competition. This will be through the delivery of a local plan in line with agreed interventions and activities.
This post will be based within the Southern Counties Archery region – this includes East of England, London and the South East. The post holder will be required to work significant evenings and weekends and be prepared to occasionally travel to head office (Shropshire).
This role is subject to the successful confirmation of funding until December 2021.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop local plans of delivery to support clubs to retain archers and reduce loss of members
- Influence change and promote good practice within clubs and partners at local, county and regional levels.
- Work in partnership with local and regional partners to develop, promote and enhance archery
We are looking for applicants with the following characteristics:
- Excellent role model with the ability to provide leadership as well as promote it within others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and trust easily
- Excellent team player, but also able to self-lead, take responsibility and show accountability for themselves.
- Respectful of others and open to the collaboration and connecting of differing ideas and actions
- Trustworthy with high levels of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to remain positive but focused under challenge and change
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and be a champion for change
- Good budgetary, organisational and computer skills, with the ability to manage a varied workload and to work with and through others where necessary.
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our organisation and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Further information about Archery GB can be found on our website www.archerygb.org
For more information about the role can be found by downloading the Job Description below.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Susan.Walford@archerygb.org
Your covering letter (1 page only) should address the following: How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role.
We invite all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities monitoring process to enable us to ensure the effectiveness of our approach to equality. Please download the monitoring form below and return a copy with your application. This will be used for monitoring purposes only
Closing date for applications: 14 October 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 21 October 2018
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer