Youth Activator X2
Posted: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 13:37
The Job: The role is working across Cherwell District Council to deliver a wide range of sport and physical activity opportunities for 5 – 18 year old.
The role will engage with a broad range of young people in the community, promote and deliver physical activity and sport opportunities to meet their needs. The role will also create & signpost young people into local opportunities for sustained participation.
The Person: To be considered for this post you will demonstrate a real enthusiasm for recreation, sport and physical activity and an understanding of the benefits that sport, and activity have on young people.
• Have experience of delivering a broad range of sports/activities.
• Be a good communicator.
• Have a good knowledge of the local area.
• Be able to organise a programme of activities to meet identified need.
• Be able to deliver high quality physical activities which meet local needs.
The Benefits: The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
• A generous annual leave entitlement
• Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme (after one years' service)
• Incremental pay award (after one years' service and successful performance appraisal)
Closing date: 12 July 2019 Interview date: 26 July 2019
For more information please contact Tom Gubbins, Sports and Recreation Activities Officer, on 01295 221720.
To download a Recruitment pack and apply for the post, please visit the council's internet or contact the Human Resources Department on 01295 221767