Healthy Active Children: providing an equal chance for an active start in life
How we are making a difference:
- We co-ordinate the countywide programme YouMove which provides low cost and free activities for families with children on benefit related free school meals, as well as children who are otherwise vulnerable. This amazing programme is now benefiting more than 5,500 Oxfordshire residents.
- We help to coordinate and promote Creating Active Schools Framework, helping schools to identify where they can embed physical activity within their school day.
- We work with partners to increase swimming and cycling across Oxfordshire, helping children in most need learn to swim and ride a bike.
- We support primary schools across Oxfordshire to spend the PE Premium funding in the most effective and sustainable way, sharing key learnings and promoting best practice across school networks.
- The Oxfordshire School Games is a year round programme of physical activity and school sport that inspire young people to be more active. Active Oxfordshire works with School Games Organisers, School Sports Partnerships and National Governing bodies to deliver activities to young people facing barriers to activity across the county each year.
- We focus our interventions on the most disadvantaged areas of Oxfordshire to challenge inequalities.
Healthy Active Children is one of Active Oxfordshire's three strategic priorities and we work tirelessly with partners to make sure that our younger generations can access a healthy, active start in life.