How voluntary and community organisations can find and apply for funding opportunities.
Writing a funding bid – top tips
How do you make sure that your application stands out from the competition? How do you make sure that the time spent writing bids is fruitful and well spent? By asking yourself these questions before you begin preparing your funding bid, you'll be better prepared before you start.
- Do you have data and insight to support your bid?
- Can the project you're seeking funding for be delivered? Are you sure that what you are saying you'll do, can actually be delivered within your current work?
- Will this bid win? Do you meet the funder's criteria and will your proposal stand out from others?
- Is it financially feasible? Can you do all that needs to be done with the funds that you're bidding for?
- Are you communicating your organisation as capable and credible, with clear and measurable aims?
- Have you reviewed your bid from the funder's perspective? Your bid's outcomes need to be in line with the funder's. Review your bid as if you were the funder to make sure you have a good case.
More information to come soon!