Everyone in Oxfordshire should have access to inclusive physical activity & sport opportunities.
Active Oxfordshire is committed to ensuring that there are effective physical activity pathways for people with disabilities, long term health conditions or mental health difficulties. We also work tirelessly to raise the profile of inclusive physical activity and sport, by working with our partners to develop and promote opportunities for people with health conditions and disabilities across Oxfordshire.
Healthy for Life is one of Active Oxfordshire's Three Pillars that has been designed to ensure this happens.
Our partners include the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, healthcare professionals, Local Authorities, PCNs and Community Activation teams.
How we are making a difference
- We provide support to programmes such as GO Active Get Healthy – Diabetes and Oxford Wheels for All
- We work closely with health and social care professionals to develop personalised pathways for people living with long-term health conditions and disabilities
- We deliver and facilitate training to upskill health and social care workforces to promote and discuss physical activity. This is through a collaborate programme across BOB ICS, led by the Active Partnerships called Active Medicine.
- We support local and national campaigns such as We Are Undefeatable, One You, Every Mind Matters and Public Health's new Better Health campaign.
- We co-ordinate the South East Active Mind Network, bringing together a wide range of organisations across the South East to share information, network and discuss best practice in supporting people with mental health conditions to get active.