Fighting inactivity, saving lives.
Active Oxfordshire is here to help everyone across the county get active, get healthy and change their lives. We act as a convening organisation within the local third sector, bringing together local charities, schools, local authorities, public health organisations and many more to fight inactivity and tackle inequality – TOGETHER.
We work with over 85 partners each year across a wide range of sectors. Partnership and collaboration is at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are launching a new social movement in 2023 - Oxfordshire on the Move.
Please read on to find out how we can work together to protect our vulnerable communities' health and well-being.
Will you join us?
If you would like to be part of our journey fighting inactivity and tackling inequality, we'd be delighted to start a conversation. Here's how you can get involved:
Join Oxfordshire on the Move
Oxfordshire on the Move is a new social movement, bringing together organisations, residents and communities to help people in most need move more and protect their health and wellbeing. By joining Oxfordshire on the Move, you can connect with new organisations, work together towards four ambitions and receive invites to regular workshops and events.
Fundraise for us
If your company or school would be interested in working in partnership, we'd be delighted to start a conversation. Your company or school could support our inclusive sports programme for young people, and we can offer fundraising ideas, volunteering opportunities and the chance to make a real difference to young people facing significant disadvantage.
To find out more about Oxfordshire on the Move and fundraising partnerships, please contact email@example.com
Help us increase activity levels for children and young people:
- Work with us to promote the benefits of activity to those who can influence change in communities
- Share our information and resources to help us reach children and young people in the greatest need
- Open your school or business facilities for wider community use
- If your organisation helps children and young people to get more active, we'd love to work with you to achieve mutual outcomes
To find out more about our work with children and young people please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us create healthy, active places across Oxfordshire:
- We would like to hear from community groups, charities or third-sector organisations that wish to extend current offers to include sport or physical activity.
- Please get in touch if you're a property developer, or other party interested in creating environments that support active travel, active play or healthier neighbourhoods.
- We are keen to start conversations with groups looking to make the most of local community assets to support people's health and well-being.
Help us increase activity levels for older people and those with long term health conditions:
- Work with us to support the development of a Physical Activity pathway for patients at risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD), or with Long Term Health Conditions (LTHCs)
- Join our cross-sector approach to provide activity opportunities for older people
- Work with us to provide physical activity pathways to improve health outcomes, reduce health inequalities and empower communities.
To find out more about our work with older people and those with long term health conditions, please contact email@example.com
- We are particularly keen to hear from people who may be facing barriers to getting active, to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to have their voice heard. If your organisation could help identify people who might like to get involved, we'd be delighted to discuss further.
To find out more about our Active Ambassadors programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Image copyright on title page Jon Parker Lee Photography Ltd
Our Ten Ambitions
Strategy 2020-2024 (PDF, 1.3 Mb)