Find out more and register for Move Together today
If you're working with someone who has been affected by COVID-19 and could benefit from Move Together support, registering them is quick and easy; simply click on the link below and follow the instructions.
Helping Oxfordshire's residents most affected by COVID-19 to improve their health and well-being
Move Together is a county-wide pathway into physical activity, designed to provide support, advice and guidance to people most affected by COVID-19, helping them to move more and improve their physical and mental health and well-being.
Move Together is funded by the Contain Outbreak Management Fund, and is co-ordinated by Active Oxfordshire in partnership with district councils. Move Together will focus on supporting people who have been shielding as a result of COVID-19, people whose physical or mental health and wellbeing have been impacted by the pandemic and people affected by isolation and loneliness.
Each district across Oxfordshire has a dedicated Move Together co-ordinator providing localised support to residents, and referrals can be made from GPs as well as a wide range of local organisations supporting people most affected by COVID-19.
Move Together is here to provide:
- Support, advice and guidance tailored to each individual's specific needs
- Phone calls and doorstep visits to help motivate, guide and support
- Lots of ideas about ways to help residents increase their strength and mobility, improve how they feel and become more confident about going out.
- Information about local community activities, walking groups or how to move more within the comfort of residents' own home.
- Home activity packs, exercise sessions for specific conditions, online classes and much more.
- All of the Move Together advice is provided by physical activity experts in line with COVID safe guidance, designed to support residents to be more active and improve their health and wellbeing.
We're delighted to be able to launch Move Together across Oxfordshire, with local authority and voluntary sector partners working together to ensure that physical activity can play a key role in our county's recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. The benefits of moving more are significant and Move Together will not only improve residents' physical and mental health, but will help to reduce isolation and loneliness too. Move Together is set to transform hundreds of lives through the power of physical activity.
Move Together is funded by Oxfordshire County Council and co-ordinated by Active Oxfordshire in partnership with District Councils.