Financial support for flood-damaged facilities
Posted: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 11:09
We know that within Oxfordshire, some facilities and organisations are facing a number of issues relating to the recent bad weather brought to us by Storms Christoph and Darcy. Clubs who have been affected by the weather are now able to seek financial support through an additional strand of the Return To Play Fund provided by Sport England.
The fund is available to the following:
- A public body such as a local authority, parish or town council, or education establishment (you'll need to provide £:£ matched funding)
- A not-for-profit voluntary group or sports organisation
- A not-for-profit community club or organisation
- A registered charity
- A not-for-profit company
- A community interest company or other social enterprise
- A leisure operator operating a single site.
and can be used to restore grass and artificial pitches, to repair and decontaminate flooded clubhouses, replace damaged electrical systems or to clear blocked drains. Other expenditures could include the hire of skips, pressure hoses or dehumidifiers – but only for use when safe to do so.
To find out more about the fund and to apply follow the link below:
You can find information on other funding opportunities on our dedicated funding page, click here.