Safeguarding Contacts

Children & Young People

Active Oxfordshire Safeguarding Officers.

If you have a safeguarding concern relating to sport or physical activity provision run by Active Oxfordshire or in another sporting environment, please contact:

Designated Safeguarding lead:

Stephanie Hall

07435 015 751

Deputy Safeguarding Officer:

Josh Lenthall


Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

If you have a concern about a child, please call MASH/LCSS on 0345 050 7666

Locality and Community Support Service (LCSS)

The LCSS are the first point of contact where non-immediate safeguarding concerns are identified:


ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK. Children and young people can call 0800 1111 to talk about any problem. ChildLine counsellors are always there to help you sort it out.

Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)

The LADO should be made aware of all cases in which it is alleged that a person who works with children has:

  • behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
  • possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or
  • behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he is unsuitable to work with children

Oxfordshire Local Authority Designated Officer team - 01865 810603 /

Alison Beasley - Designated Officer (LADO) / 07833 436649

Donna Crozier - Assistant Designated Officer / 07901 331799

Sandra Barratt - Assistant Designated Officer / 07785 453264

Lorna Berry - Assistant LADO / 07912 474375

Social Care Safeguarding Team Contacts

South Assessment Team
Tel: 01865 897983

Oxford City Assessment Team
Tel: 01865 323048

North Assessment Team
Tel: 01865 816670

Emergency Out of Hours
Tel: 0800 833408
(After 5pm Mon-Thurs and 4pm Friday)

Child Protection in Sport Unit

The CPSU's mission is to safeguard the welfare of children and young people under 18 in sport and to promote their well-being.

Tel: 0116 366 5580


Sports Club Child Welfare Officers

Sports clubs and organisations should have a designated Child Welfare or Safeguarding Officer. If you or your child is taking part in activities run by a local club or organisation, this officer should be your first point of contact should you have any concerns.